Kindergarten Sign Up Starts Now!
Des Moines Public Schools
2016–2017 School Year
If you have a student who will be five on or before September 15, 2016, now is the time to start thinking about kindergarten.
Reserve your child’s spot for kindergarten by coming to Samuelson any time between 2:30-6:30 on Wednesday, April 20th. Please bring the following items when you come:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Photo ID
- Proof of Address which should be one of the following:
- Current utility bill or confirmation of services
- Current lease or purchase agreement
- Recent notarized letter from landlord or home owner
- Recent mortgage statement
- Polk County Assessors web page verifying ownership
- Recent property tax statement
- Recent vehicle registration
- Recent DHS paperwork
If your child is new to the Des Moines Public Schools, please go to the link above or visit the Welcome Center – 1301 2nd Avenue, between 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Welcome Center will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on April 20th, 2016.
Questions: please call 242-7371
Or e-mail Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org